1Password.opvault dates Questions

romad
romad
Community Member

When I go to ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.opvault, I see the three date fields: Created, Modified, and Last Opened. The first two have dates filled in but the last one is blank. Why is this? How do I see the date last opened?

Second question, I've added new items to 1Password, modified others, and deleted some items but the Date Modified never changes. Why is this?

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You would only have a "last opened" date if you've opened that file, say, in a text editor, which would really not be useful since it's encrypted. There may also be unexpected interactions with outdated versions of macOS. Either way, that's not something 1Password is involved with, as it's all handled by the OS and file system. Regarding "date modified" in 1Password, that isn't something the old WLAN Server uses.

• romad
    romad
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

But WHY doesn't the Date Modified change AFTER I make modifications to the file, ie add new passwords, change passwords, delete outdated passwords, software data, etc.? It should change since the file has been modified (even if it isn't used for syncing).

As for the Date Opened, I figured that whenever I launched 1Password, it "opened" the file.

• The 'opvault' file is technically a folder, as far as macOS is concerned. It appears in Finder as a single file, but this doesn't represent the underlying structure. If you were to look at the files contained within the opvault, assuming 1Password is still updating it, you would see the modification dates on those files changing. The opvault container (folder) itself isn't necessarily modified though, and as such its modification date doesn't change. I'm not entirely sure what exact behaviors macOS considers to be "opening" such a container unfortunately or when it updates that information.

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Ah, now it makes sense. Thank you, Ben.

• You're welcome @romad. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.