Firefox keyboard shortcut not working (since latest update?)

Options

I am using Firefox with no unusual settings (not in Private mode, etc.) on a PC with Windows 10. A few days ago, when I attempted to use the Firefox keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + period), the "enter your master password" popup in the top right showed up as normal but was blank, with no way to then access said popup - even clicking on the icon in my list of extensions didn't work. I had to enter my passwords manually for a day or so, after which point (and a computer restart, I think) the keyboard shortcut seems to have broken entirely. It does absolutely nothing, but clicking on the icon works as usual now, so at least the extension is somewhat functional again.

Has anyone else been having the same problem? I notice 1Password updated a few days ago, so this may be a bug with the update. Can't say for sure, since I don't remember the exact timing of when this all started.

1Password Version: 7.6.783
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10 v. 1903
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @apprenticeNerd! Welcome to the forum!

If you open 1Password X by clicking on it, and go to its settings, can you confirm that the keyboard shortcut is actually still set to Ctrl+. ?

• apprenticeNerd
    apprenticeNerd
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's still Ctrl+period. I went to settings and checked, even "rebound" it to the same thing, but nothing has changed.

• @apprenticeNerd if you change it to something else, does that new shortcut work?

• apprenticeNerd
    apprenticeNerd
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like it did! Ctrl+space works fine, not sure what broke about the old shortcut but that makes a fine workaround.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @apprenticeNerd! Perhaps something else on your system (maybe something that you have installed recently), is using the same shortcut?

This discussion has been closed.