Macbook Fingerprint Reader

thomas089
thomas089
Community Member

Hello,

since some time 1password 7.6 (and also 7.7 beta) is not asking anymore for the fingerprint. Even the fingerprint button on the login screen is not showing up. When I add a new fingerprint in the system settings, the 1password login screen states I have to login first with my password to activate the fingerprint. But after doing that 1password never shows the fingerprint button on the login screen. Otherwise fingerprint ist working fine, for example when I go to the Mac security settings or Apple Pay. Any ideas what I can do?

Many thanks!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear that. Touch ID is handled entirely by the OS, so 1Password depends on everything being in working order there in order for it to be able to use it. You're probably thinking, "it is", but if 1Password is not offering the option, that's because the OS is telling it that it's not available. That can be different with 1Password because, as far as I'm aware, nothing else is using Apple's APIs to take advantage of using the Secure Enclave for additional security. Arguably, for most apps, it might not be important to. But 1Password won't be able to use Touch ID if you or something else in your setup have caused that to not work properly. It would be helpful to know the specific steps you took leading up to having this issue, as that might point to a solution, or at least make it clearer what you'd need from Apple to get it working. I'll be happy to look at a diagnostics report either way, but letting me know the "needle" I am looking for in that "haystack" would be better for both of us. :)

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#WXP-51192-856]

If you’re reading this and you are not thomas089, this Support ID is for thomas089 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Thanks in advance!

ref: WXP-51192-856

This discussion has been closed.