Autofill does not work for specific website on my IOS / Iphone ( Safari )

Blazenamaze
Blazenamaze
Community Member
edited September 2020 in iOS

Hello I'm new to 1password and was going through and setting up all of my accounts / credentials. I was able to get a specific website to work on my windows desktop using chrome and firefox respectively. When I tried to bring it up on my Iphone XR with 14.0.1 IOS on safari , it won't fill in the username ( fills in the password section) but when I click on the username it deletes the password every single time. No idea why this is having issues on my IOS and only have one IOS to test this on until I get an ipad here in the future.

Btw this website is Amazon and is with their store card / Synchrony. Any word on why this is happening or if their will be a fix?

default browser is safari on my Iphone ( do I need to change this? )

I must add that I'm extremely happy with finally using a password manager ( I understand Apple's keychain is bound to it's realm haha ). Just trying to be responsible and want to save myself a future headache if I only relied on apple's keychain.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 14.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Blazenamaze
    Blazenamaze
    Community Member

So I ended up manually putting in my credentials and clicked the part to (save my username). Once I was logged in I logged back out and refreshed everything ... click on the 1password application ...then I click on the website details within 1password to take me where I need to go. Now it just populates the username but does not auto fill the password?

• Hi @Blazenamaze

If you look at the item in question inside the 1Password app on your iPhone, does it have a password saved on it? I just tested this with my own Amazon Store Card account and the fields did fill successfully, suggesting that this is possible. Please let me know if the item appears correctly inside the app. :+1:

Ben

• Blazenamaze
    Blazenamaze
    Community Member

Ahhh .. yes Ben that information was correct. The only way I was able to correct this was to turn off auto fill for icloud keychain....which makes sense if I want to use 1password instead haha.

• Blazenamaze
    Blazenamaze
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

let me better rephrase how I corrected my issue: I turned off auto fill using icloud keychain and turned on auto fill with 1password. 1password does not work when going to the app and clicking on the website to "auto fill". Instead I have to go to the site , click on the username and then select 1password to autofill in. I mean it still works but if I can make some changes to have this auto complete without the steps I'm taking .. I'm all ears. ( My original issue is still present where it only wants to auto fill the password area even though I have a username / password on the 1pass app)

• @Blazenamaze

Thanks for the update! To clarify, the general approach I use to fill logins is:

1. Open Safari
    2. Navigate to the website I want to visit
    3. Click the link to their login form, if necessary (e.g. if not on the homepage)
    4. Tap the autofill selection from 1Password above the keyboard

As for filling issues with autofill... unfortunately we don't have much control / influence there. The actual filling logic is handled by iOS itself. If you'd like to try our share sheet extension, where we do handle the filling logic, you can find information about that here:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

There are cases where one will work better than the other, so while we generally recommend autofill, if you run into a site it can't fill, the share sheet extension may help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.