Blue Icon

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Is it possible to show our blue and white 1p icon in the menu bar on Mac instead of black and white?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Abhijit

The icon in the menu bar is not customizable; sorry. We follow the system standard and use a monochrome icon there such that it looks correct regardless of what coloring you choose in System Preferences > General (e.g. Dark vs Light and the accent & highlight colors). The only system icon that does not follow this standard, as far as I'm aware, is Siri. Apparently it was felt that was a unique enough case for an exception to be made.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

@Ben See the fantastical icon for reference and there are other too like McFee, Cisco Anyconnect VPN etc

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2020

@Abhijit

None of those are system icons. :+1: I am talking specifically about following Apple's lead here regarding icons they've designed that show in the menu bar.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Ok true you. Clear thanks!

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member

I've had a blue (and gray, dark mode's background color) in the menu bar for about a couple of weeks. I don't know how I got it.

• @Guffee

Are you perhaps thinking about the icon in Safari, rather than the icon in the menu bar? With the latest generation of Safari Apple is coloring extension icons for extensions that have JavaScript loaded/running on the current page.

Ben

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

On Safari and on Menu Bar.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Guffee
    Guffee
    Community Member

Yes, sorry. I meant the icon in Safari's menu bar. But it did change to blue recently, which is most welcome.

• Yep; that would be what I would expect. :+1:

Ben

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@Ben Are you saying that the blue icon in Safari 14 in Big Sur is intentional? I’ve had a 1P icon in my Safari toolbar since forever ago and I removed it in Big Sur because that blue icon sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the white text (I’m running in dark mode) of all the others. Fortunately the inline feature is great so it’s not a huge deal. But I’ve been wondering why it looks so out of place.

• @OAW,

Yes, Safari is intentionally painting the 1Password icon with the highlight color you have selected in System Preferences -> General to indicate that the extension has javascript loaded into the page you're looking at.

• OAW
    OAW
    Community Member

@rudy Thanks for the explanation.

• On behalf or Rudy, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.