Categories inconsistency

Options
rainfactor
rainfactor
Community Member

Hello,

Was wondering where is the Credit Cards category that appears in my browser when I try to log in to may banking however I cannot find it anywhere in the 1Pass app on the phone, the standalone MacOs app or the web based access vault.
Attaching two screenshots to show how does it look like.

Using:

• 1Pass 7 beta10 (not sure how I ended up with the beta version).- wondering also if it's maybe because of the beta
  • MacOs Catalina
  • Vivaldi Browser with 1Pass X 1.22.1

Thank you

PS: Not sure if this is the appropriate category.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rainfactor

If you click the "+" button in 1Password for Mac to create a new item, do you see Credit Cards as an option? Once you have a Credit Card item saved you should then see the category in the sidebar. :)

Ben

• rainfactor
    rainfactor
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I can surely do that, however it seems that the browser extension is giving me a nonexistent category as far as I can see.
    I mean sure can add a new item then declare it as whatever category 1Pass dropdown offers but so far I do not have any "Credit card" category or any item that even tagged as CC.
    Maybe I am not understanding how 1Pass operates and maybe this is working as intended but if it is, it's a bit confusing.

Anyways, not a huge deal but was thrown off by it.

Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed the default categories (Logins, Identities, Credit Cards, and Generated Passwords) will always appear in the 1Password X browser extension, regardless as to if there are any items in those categories. 1Password for Mac has a different default set of categories that always show regardless of contents. Hopefully in the future we can bring some consistency to this aspect. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.