Moving item to vault resets page display position to top

Options
kenj
kenj
Community Member

I have 1000+ items in my vault and am sharing some with my wife. As I select and move an item to her vault, my reference point within the list resets back to the top. This makes moving items very tedious as I have to reposition back to where I was so I can continue to find and move items to her vault. Can you please make a change to this behavior so your position within the list is maintained when moving items?

1Password 7
Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)
1Password Beta

Thank you
Ken

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kenj

I apologize for the delay in responding here. I've added it to my to-do list to attempt reproducing this and then to follow up appropriately. If I'm able to reproduce this, I'd be happy to file a request for improvement. If I'm not, I'll loop back with you to see if we can figure out what is different between your setup and mine. :)

P.S. It appears from your post that you are currently 2 major versions of macOS behind. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password.

Ben

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member
    Options

My imac is at its latest supported version (10.13) based on its hardware. I do keep up with the latest versions of the software supported.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kenj. macOS 10.13 is now two major versions outdated, though. We're not financial advisors, and I know these devices are expensive, but if the device is old enough that it will no longer run the latest operating system it may be time to start planning for a newer model. In any event, that is tangental to your issue, so enough about that for now. :)

I did test this out this morning and was unable to reproduce the issue. When moving items between vaults, if I'm scrolled down the list somewhat, I did see some UI distortion as the move was happening. Once the move was completed however I was still looking at the same spot on the list. As such I'd like to figure out what is different between your setup and mine. I am running a newer operating system: macOS 10.15. I would be surprised if that were the issue, though. Are either of the vaults in question standalone vaults? I suspect from the info you provided that may be the case:

Sync Type: icloud

We do not support sharing 1Password data with another person using iCloud (or standalone vaults in general). Could you please confirm: is one or both of the vaults in question a standalone vault, or are you using membership-based vaults (such as those part of a 1Password Families membership)? Do you see both of the vaults if you sign in at https://my.1password.com/, assuming you have a membership?

Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.