Change in functionality in 1Password7

Options
kidsdoc
kidsdoc
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1Password6. I am used to pressing Command-\ on a web site. 1Password would enter the password and then automatically submit it. In 1Password7 that no longer happens. The username and password fields get populated but I have to then click enter or hit the return key. Is there a setting I am missing, or is this an intentional change in functionality? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

No, this was due to a change by Apple. The process used to submit (after filling) no longer exists.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kidsdoc!

danco is correct: Apple removed the feature that we relied on for autosubmit, so recent versions of 1Password can fill items for you, but you will have to press the Enter key to submit them :+1:

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member
    Options

What a shame. I was happily using 1Password 6 with safari 12 until a few days ago. I decided to upgrade safari for the security updates. Oh well I still love 1P.

• Ben
    Options

I decided to upgrade safari for the security updates

That would've been our recommended course of action. :+1: Sometimes security isn't quite as convenient as we might all appreciate but having a security breach because of known vulnerabilities is very inconvenient. :) Thanks for the kind words; I'm glad to hear you're still loving 1Password. ❤️

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Yes indeed. Thanks for pointing that out @IvanExpert. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.