Add Privacy.com credit card to Login item rather than separate Credit Card item?

Options

I have been testing the Privacy.com integration and am really enjoying it! So thanks for that.

As a long time Privacy user, I have 50-100+ cards. So many will to be created via the integration in the future. As a Privacy card is only associated with one site/login, do the cards have to be stored as separate credit card entries in 1p? This causes information for the same site to be in two different places in 1p unnecessarily and adds extra entries to the list. The Privacy card wouldn't ever be used at another site like a normal credit card entry might.

If the integration had the option to add these details to that site's login, then I could have login details, security details, payment details, and notes for the site all in one entry. This would be much appreciated. (Then, perhaps one "CC" tag highlights those logins with credit card details included, for identification while auto-filling.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.2
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's a very interesting feature, @j_son .
    Sounds rather complicated to implement, but I'll forward it to our team as a feature request.

We're happy to hear you're loving the integration with Privacy.com so far!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback.

• j_son
    j_son
    Community Member
    Options

Well, when you enter a password it asks if you wish to create new or update an existing entry. Why can't I select where the credit card information gathered by the integration gets stored?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

@j_son Credit card items and Login items have a completely different scheme and algorithm, both in how they are built and when does 1Password recognizes it should offer to fill them, which makes this more complex than what it sounds.

As a user, I can definitely see the benefits of being able to merge them into a single Login item, which is why I forwarded it to our dev team for further inspection. If they won't find any technical issues or security problems with it, we might just see it come to life at some point in the future :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#363

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

I hear what you're saying ag_yaron, but for those of us using privacy.com since before this integration, this is likely how we'd have done it. I have a couple dozen login items that I manually added the privacy.com "section" with credit card information. I agree it didn't necessarily make autofill work 100% correct, it did store the information associated in a way that made sense at the time. I also "tagged" those login items with a privacy.com tag so I could easily search/find all the websites which I used with privacy.com.

• instanttim
    instanttim
    Community Member
    Options

Speaking which, is there a way to import or manually re-create privacy.com cards that work just like if you had made them using the integrations?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in here @instanttim .
    Your feedback and example are much appreciated and will definitely help.

There's currently no way to add an existing privacy.com card, but we will definitely investigate that option.

This discussion has been closed.