New 1Password Community confusion

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Lounge

This new 1Password.community site confused me at first. Nothing worked when I after I took a break from the Forums I visited the old Agilebits Discussion Forums. Everything's the same except for the name change. Hopefully, you will be able to get out of Vanilla Forums eventually.

Stay safe.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks @wkleem. :+1: We did post an announcement about the change:

Introducing 1Password.community — 1Password Forum

Nothing worked when I after I took a break from the Forums

Is it working as expected now, after reviewing the announcement?

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Ben,

Yes, everything is working. I didn't notice the sticky notification earlier. I've had to adjust to the new website. By nothing worked I mean my old login, wrt the new website, could not fill my credentials. It's good now.

Thanks.

• Great; thanks for the update. :) We are working on getting 1Password updated so that Logins for discussions.agilebits.com will work on 1password.community. We had hoped to have that work completed prior to the transition however we ran into an issue and it was delayed. As such at the moment it would indeed be necessary to update said Login items.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

@Ben

Your new 1Password.community is worse than before with regard to search capability. I can't do an advanced search for anything from inside the forums anymore. It wasn't perfect but it was still better than the new 1Password.community search now.

I wanted to find something. A URL link to a 1Password for Mac discussion about a bug I and others have encountered. 1Password Generator password displays a Terrible password when it should have been fine.

I'll have to use an externall search engine then.

After a bit of difficulty I found the triangle for advanced search. It's very faint. I don't remember the old Agilebits Discussion Forums advanced search being as faint as or more difficult to find than the new 1Password.community forums.

This discussion has been closed.