Problem with two-factor authentication and

AnastasiiaSv
AnastasiiaSv
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac

I can not uninstall the application from the Mac. The system writes that it is open, but it is nowhere to be found in running programs.
I decided to delete it because the program began to require two-factor authentication for each attempt to enter new data.
With each attempt to enter new data, a window pops up:

And the data is not syncing. Since the program did not require two-factor authentication before and worked without it, I suspected a virus on the computer.

Tell me, maybe it's normal that the system requires a password? Or in what cases do I need to enter two-factor authentication?

Such are the two questions in the topic :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @AnastasiiaSv

We'd be happy to help with this situation. In this case, I would not anticipate uninstalling & reinstalling the app would help. Whether 2FA is required or not is controlled by the server, not the app. So that we can get a better understanding of what is going on 'under the hood,' I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/116241/problem-with-two-factor-authentication-and#latest
    • Your forum username: AnastasiiaSv

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.