To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgrading from individual to teams

I have an individual account with an Apple App Store subscription linked to my personal email.

We would like to set up a teams account for our company and I would like to move over many of the passwords from my individual account.

The issues ...

The teams account will not have the same email - it will use my company email - so I can't upgrade
I will not want the teams account associated to my personal Apple App Store account - so I need to create a new account I think

So ...

I understand I need to create a new account with my work email for my company and then invite users etc.

How can I then move all my individual passwords to my new team account and then separate the company relevant passwords and share them with the team? I want to get the steps right and not cause a mess :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade from personal to teams

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @richardmclarke!

I understand I need to create a new account with my work email for my company and then invite users etc.

That's correct :+1:

How can I then move all my individual passwords to my new team account

After you created your Business account, you should first add the account to the same 1Password app where you are using your personal account:

How to use multiple accounts

After doing this, you will be able to move your data from your Individual account to your Business account:

Move and copy items

and then separate the company relevant passwords and share them with the team?

For this, you can create as many vaults as you wish, and share them appropriately:

Create and share vaults

• richardmclarke
    richardmclarke
    Community Member

Perfect! Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @richardmclarke! If you have any other questions, please let us know :)

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.