Unable to paste password twice

Options
jc0hock
jc0hock
Community Member

On my iPhone 8, using both DuckDuck go and Chrome, I am unable to paste a password twice when trying to sign up for Peacock TV. I switched to my MacBook Pro and get the same result.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: (70600005)
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:paste password twice

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jc0hock! Welcome to the forum!

I confirm that I see the same behavior on that website: it looks like the website is doing something to prevent pasting information on their sign up form, so unfortunately you will have to copy the password twice, and paste it twice I am afraid.

• jc0hock
    jc0hock
    Community Member
    Options

That's the problem though - it literally will not me allow to paste from 1Password again. In 1Password, I click the "copy", go back to the website, and right click to "paste" and it will not complete the field. I'm not opposed to a couple of extra clicks back and forth, but it literally will not paste and since the password is lengthy and convoluted (by design, yeah 1Password!), it's a real pain to have to manually type. Thoughts?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

@jc0hock:

You are right, this is what I see here as well. It's not that the website does not allow you to paste twice though: it looks like they are preventing the confirm password field from accepting pasted values. You can indeed paste passwords again, just not on the second password field.

I am not sure why they are doing that, but I would recommend reaching out to the website developers to report this, perhaps if they hear from enough of their customers, they might consider changing this behavior to be a bit more password manager-friendly :+1:

This discussion has been closed.