Why is my password rated "terrible"?

Options
sylvaticus
sylvaticus
Community Member

I created a new account today. I generated a new password maxing out all the settings: 64 characters, including symbols and numbers. For some reason, it's rated "terrible."

I did notice that 1P created "two accounts" (a square with four "bolts" (?) in the corner). Identical passwords, one without the username. The one without was rated "Fantastic." The same thing just happened now. 1P couldn't find my password to this community. I clicked the forgot link and created a new one. 1P created two accounts (with squares with bolts) and one of the passwords (again, identical) is rated "terrible," the other "fantastic," even though they're the same.

🤷‍♂️

1Password Version: Version 7.6 (70600005
Extension Version: Same?
OS Version: macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: subscription
Referrer: forum-search:why is my password rated "terrible"?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sylvaticus!

This is a bug our developers are aware of, sorry for the confusion! The password is fine, the bug is in the strength bar that is shown to you ;)

• sylvaticus
    sylvaticus
    Community Member
    Options

phew! 😅

may i ask another question?

as i mentioned, after creating the account, there was a second entry with just the password; the login ID doesn’t get recorded. and the icon is a key instead of the logo or the square (with or without bolts).

what’s going on there? why does that happen (a lot)?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sylvaticus:

1Password stores the generated password into a separate Password item to make sure it's not lost, to err on the side of caution. When you then create a Login item with that password, it's supposed to clean up the Password item for you. In certain cases this does not happen automatically, so our developers are trying to find a way to make sure this happens all the time ;)

This discussion has been closed.