Confusing way to display the password history timestamps

Options
telephoneman2
telephoneman2
Community Member

Hi guys, I have a problem with the way how you display password history. (valid for Mac and 1Password.com Webpage). For me its not clear if a password in history list from when it is? The timestamp (is this the date when its moved to history? is it the date when it has been created? is this the date when it's changed) - there is no headline/Label for the meaning of those time stamps. I think its the date when it has been moved there - But I would prefer more the date from when it was created. Sometimes I need to change the password multiple times as the target system rejected the one from 1Password generator so I am generating another one, but sometime target system accepted the one which was rejected. But in 1Password I am lost what the timestamps of those passwords mean, don't know any more which one was the old one and valid for the last weeks, which one is the first try and which is the newest. I would prefer to see when it has been created and a headline. The date when its moved to history is confusing... Or even better you show in history a valid_from valid_until timestamp - then its clear when it was created and when it was move to history

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @telephoneman2

Thanks for taking the time to outline your position on this. To clarify: the current behavior is to display the date at which the password changed, rather than when the password was created. I do appreciate the point that perhaps in cases the date the password was created could be valuable. I'll pass the suggestion along to the development team for consideration, and we'll keep an eye out for additional feedback on this point. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.