iCloud Keychain/1Password synchronization

jbmelby
jbmelby
Community Member

Recently when iCloud Keychain suggests a new password and I accept it, it doesn’t appear also in 1Password. It always used to do this. How can fix this?

Comments

• Hi @jbmelby

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. What mechanism were you previously using to save passwords from iCloud Keychain into 1Password? The only ways I'm aware of to do so would be to use the autofill interface, following these instructions:

Or to use the 1Password share sheet extension:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone and iPad

Note that our general recommendation with regard to generating passwords on iOS is to disable iCloud Keychain and use 1Password, to avoid passwords accidentally being saved only in iCloud Keychain and not in 1Password:

(from our guide Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad)

It always used to do this. How can fix this?

I'm not sure how that would've been possible. There has never been a feature with autofill where 3rd party password managers such as 1Password could either automatically save or prompt to save details filled by iCloud Keychain. Please let me know what you recall; perhaps there is a hint as to what had been happening in the steps you were previously taking. Thanks!

Ben

• jbmelby
    jbmelby
    Community Member

Thanks. Fixed it.

• Great; I'm glad to hear that was helpful. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.