Secure Notes reformated to have very large text

Options
jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member

Something that just seems to have happened today--secure notes have been reformatted to have very large text in many places. What is causing this and what is the simplest way to recover the formatting without re-editing all the notes?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jasimon9

I'm not seeing that on any of my notes here... Is it possible you have included markdown formatting in your notes that is causing them to be rendered differently that the default?

Format your secure notes with Markdown

Ben

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    Options

I just discovered that if I try to edit the note, then the unexpected formatting is gone. My thought is that embedded in the notes are things triggering markdown, that never had this effect before. For example a c-style comment like /* this is a comment */ is causing some rendering to be done. Or the other style comment such as preceding // to indicate another style comment.

Easiest for me would be to turn off the markdown. So I have turned that off, and it seems to be fixed. I suspect that that feature was turned off before, and somehow got changed. I did upgrade to macos 10.15.7 a few days ago, and it has caused some other really weird changes that we don't necessarily need to go into affecting my mariadb configuration.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @jasimon9. We haven't made any recent changes regarding markdown. It would be odd, but I suppose it is possible that upgrading macOS somehow flipped the preference to enable it (it is enabled by default). In any event, glad to hear disabling it has gotten you back to where you want to be. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.