Stop a Back-Up on An External Hard Drive

gcv
gcv
Community Member

I have a 1Password 7 membership so my data is stored in the cloud. I would like to export a back-up of all my data and store it on an external hard drive.

I do not see "back-up" in the 1Password 7 drop down menu, nor can I find where the data is stored locally on my Mac.

1. How to I prompt 1Password 7 to back-up my data file?
  2. How can I export a copy of my data file so that I can save a copy to an external hard drive?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password7

Comments

• Hi @gcv

Are you backing up your Mac using Time Machine? If so the local cache for 1Password would be automatically backed up. If you're using another tool and aren't already backing up your entire home folder (recommended) you can find 1Password's cache here:

~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• gcv
    gcv
    Community Member

Thank you. Found it.

I have Time Machine but I've found it to be really unreliable. I no longer consider it to be a stable option for back-ups. Several times recently I have tried to retrieve legacy data from Time Machine and even with the assistance of Apple support I wasn't successful.

• Interesting. I'm sorry to hear about that situation. For my own edification, did Apple support have any explanation?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.