How to transfer my iCloud Keychain password collection to 1Password, *all in one go*.

bree
bree
Community Member

I have numerous passwords saved in “Keychain” on my iPad, and want to transfer those to “1Password”. It would be time consuming & tedious to do this one login at a time (i.e. create new login, enter user name, enter password... multiplied by numerous entries!). Is there a way to import or export the Keychain logins to “1Password” all in one go, or is the only solution to create individual entries in “1Password” for each login stored from the Apple “Keychain”?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bree

Do you have a Mac as well, by chance? If so, MrC's converter suite may be of help here:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/494051/#Comment_494051

If you do not have a Mac, unfortunately Apple does not offer any way to export from iCloud Keychain on iOS.

Ben

• bree
    bree
    Community Member

Yes, I do have a Mac, too, so will give this a try. Thank you!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 2020

@bree

You'll want to use the Get_Safari12_Passwords script.

To save you some time, download the converter suite, and you can follow along with the video where I show how the conversion process works.

The Get_Safari12_Passwords will create a pm_export.csv file on your Desktop. You'll then use the macOSConvertHelper script, choosing the CSV converter, and selecting the pm_export.csv file. The result will be a 1Password 1PIF file placed on your Desktop.

To import the 1PIF into 1Password, select the select your desired vault, and just drag the 1PIF file onto the 1Password icon on your Dock. It will then import the 1PIF into your current vault.

Be sure not to interrupt the Get_Safari12_Passwords script while it works - let it finish before you use your Mac.

You'll need to give Script Editor permissions to work correctly. See this post.

• bree
    bree
    Community Member

That will be most helpful! I will be tackling the conversion over the weekend.☺️
    Thank you very much!

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.