Where did everything go?!!

debstr
debstr
Community Member

After I've opened 1Password and used it for a bit, suddenly it's completely blank (I'll have the 1Password program, but it's as if I've not input a single password or item into it yet) and I have to reboot my entire computer to get it to come back, because merely closing and reopening 1Password doesn't bring anything back.

In looking for the info below, I see I'm using a beta version. How and why I've no idea. And I've no idea how to change off the beta version.

1Password Version: 7.7.Beta-10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Where did everything go?!!!!

Comments

• Hi @debstr

Please follow these instructions to get back on the stable track:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac beta version. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Don't worry about your data; deleting the app doesn't touch it.
    3. Visit our downloads page and download a copy of the stable build
    4. Run the installer, and as soon as you unlock for the first time, open Preferences > Updates and see what the status of the beta checkbox is. If it's checked, see if you can now UNcheck it.

Let me know what you discover, and if reverting to stable resolves the issue.

Ben

• debstr
    debstr
    Community Member

Thanks. I'll try that tonight when I get home and let you know.

• Very good :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.