iOS Browser Default

Options
LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

Even after all these years of using 1Password, there is something that doesn't make sense to me with the iOS version, so I'll finally ask. You recommend using Safari as the preferred browser instead of the 1Password browser and I agree. So why is the default method of launching a browser in iOS the 1Password browser? If I simply tap on a login's URL field it launches the 1P browser. To use Safari, I have to long-press the URL field and then select "Open in Safari". It would be easier to have a single tap on the URL field launch Safari. Or maybe make the single tap method user-configurable. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@LarryMcJ

It is almost entirely for legacy reasons: from a time when 1Browser was the only way to fill on iOS. There is one outstanding feature that we offer through 1Browser which is not available otherwise, and that is "Go & Fill." There isn't presently a way with Safari or other web browsers on iOS to automatically fill the selected Login item after following a link inside 1Password. That said, we plan to have further discussion / evaluation of this for the next generation of 1Password on iOS.

Ben

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. I get the "Open & Fill" feature...and I guess if you move it to a selection after the long-press, it wouldn't be the same. Oh, well...I'll have to wait for that next iOS generation to find out.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.