Feature request: Delete credentials from browser's password manager

Options

Before I disabled password management in my browser (Chrome), I had many credentials stored there.

When I'm logging into some sites, the browser's password manager's credentials get pre-populated before I see or click on the 1Password icon. This causes some confusion, and in some cases, it isn't easy to actually use 1PasswordX because the browser's password manager is elevated above the 1Password dialogs. Here's an example of this, from the login at meetups.com:
meetups.com login with Chrome PW manager on top of 1Password dialog

When the browser PW manager doesn't have a stored entry for the site, this problem does not happen. To mitigate this bad behavior, the user must manually open their Chrome settings -> passwords, find, and then delete the unnecessary entry. It would be helpful if 1Password itself identified when the browser has stored credentials for the site and managed the deletion on behalf of the user.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Mogsdad

The popular browsers don't expose their password management data to 3rd party extensions such as 1Password. Chrome doesn't allow us to see if you have saved a password for any particular site. I understand that's frustrating for situations like this, but ultimately is probably a good design decision on their part. Our general recommendation is to disable the browser's password management functions entirely so that they don't interfere with 1Password. You can also import your Chrome password management data into 1Password, if desired:

Move your passwords from Chrome to 1Password

Ben

This discussion has been closed.