Unable to sync between my iPad Pro and IPhone XR

pjeffryg
pjeffryg
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to synch between my iPad Pro and iPhone XR. Both are running version 7.7. This worked about a year ago and I get the message that says it cannot locate a Mac or PC to sync with. Both devices are listed as authorized and both set up for WLAN and are on the same WiFi network...any suggestions? Should I be synching via iCloud? Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 14.0.1 and iPad 13.7
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:Synch not working between iPad and iphone

Comments

• Hi @pjeffryg

Should I be synching via iCloud

We no longer advertise 3rd party cloud solutions or WLAN sync. Our recommendation would be to use 1Password membership to keep your data accessible across all of your devices:

About 1Password membership

If that is of interest to you and you'd like help getting moved over please let us know. :)

This worked about a year ago and I get the message that says it cannot locate a Mac or PC to sync with

If you'd like to troubleshoot this situation we have a guide available which has all of the troubleshooting knowledge we've collected over the years regarding WLAN sync. You can find that guide here:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• pjeffryg
    pjeffryg
    Community Member

I already have the 1 password membership, I’ve had it for a few years now. I have looked through the WLAN server doc but nothing related to synching... I’m not sure where to go now...thanks

• pjeffryg
    pjeffryg
    Community Member

I just disabled the sync function and it seems to be working now...guess I didn’t have to do that with 1 password membership..thanks

• Correct; 1Password membership does not rely on the WLAN server to sync 1Password data between your devices. With a membership you should not have a vault called 'Primary' on any devices. Please let us know if you do, so we can help sort that out. :)

Ben

• pjeffryg
    pjeffryg
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, on my iPhone there is a primary vault on my iPad there is not... on the iPhone it’s set to open ‘personal vault-Jeff’ on the ipad it just says ‘personal’ under vaults...thanks again

• Great, thanks @pjeffryg. Are there any items in the Primary vault that are not in the Personal vault? If there are, please move them from Primary to Personal:

Move and copy items

Once everything is in Personal, you can delete Primary: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

Ben

This discussion has been closed.