Address autofill seldom works

Options

When an address form is displayed, my success rate getting 1password to fill it in is quite low. I use the autofill button on my identity and I would say it works about 1 out of 10 times. Is there an alternate way to get this to work, or some configuration setting I may have overlooked.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: ChromeOS 86.0.4240.77
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MarkL1 ,

Can you please test your identity item here: https://fill.dev/form/identity-simple
    For me it autofills everything except for the 2nd address line. If it doesn't autofill a lot of fields for you, I'd recommend creating a new identity item, fill as much information in it as you can, and test again.

Let me know what you find.

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

That's a handy form. The first time I clicked the autofill it completed my first and last name, but no other information. I clicked the autofill button a second time and it added all additional address and phone number information correctly. I think I'll follow your suggestion and create a new identity. tnx

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

After deleting and recreating my identity it works correctly on the test form.
    tnx

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great, @MarkL1 .

Now try testing it on real websites you visit and see if autofilling works better.
    I do find it kind of strange that you had to autofill twice for the original item to work, and it gives me a hunch that there may be another extension in your browser that interrupts autofilling, so if you experience any issues with the new identity item as well, try disabling all other extensions except for 1Password and see if it works correctly.

• MarkL1
    MarkL1
    Community Member
    Options

I tried it on the real website that gave me a problem yesterday and it works correctly. So whatever the problem was seems to be fixed. I went through and checked that all the chrome autofill options are turned off and that 1password is controlling this function. I uninstalled lastpass before I installed 1password, so I'm not aware of anything else that might be interfering with autofill.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's wonderful @MarkL1 .
    I'm glad to hear everything is autofilling properly, and that nothing else can interrupt 1Password's autofilling. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.