Becoming more and more aggravating

MajorHavoc
MajorHavoc
Community Member
edited October 2020 in iOS

I reported this before, and because I did not have time to do your work, this complaint was ignored. But once again, one password ignores settings, and asks for the Master password every time I open it. This happens on Windows 7, multiple versions of MacOS, and multiple versions of iOS.

I need to use 1Passwword. I open the app, I log in, and get my needed password. Then 30 seconds later, I need another, and I’m asked for my 1Password Master password again. Even though my settings say stay logged in. You can see it as simple as launch 1Password and log in. Quit and launch again. Even though I have unchecked log out on close, I’m asked for my Master password again.

AND, I use Face ID to log in. That simply stops working as well. Same for finger print scan. Over 75% of the time, I’m asked for my 1Password Master password by keyboard. The little image for alternate security does not show up. Same on my MacBookPro.

It is becoming so annoying I have added another password manager because I’m tired of having to type my Master Password over and over and over and over again.

It’s broken guys,,and has been for almost 9 months, maybe more. You used to be the greatest there was. Now, not so much given the constant annoyances.

Please fix this very annoying issue. There are others, but this should be top of the list.

Thank you

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2020

Hi @MajorHavoc,

On iOS, in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security do you have the Always show lock screen for Password Autofill turned on? If not please try turning that on.

Thanks.

Ben

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, but the wording of that seems just backwards of what I really want. So it was off, and I will turn it on.
    But I do have autofill turned off BTW, I always long press to bring up 1Password, or use the icon when in the keyboard.

Ill report back.

• Thanks Ben, but the wording of that seems just backwards of what I really want. So it was off, and I will turn it on.

I understand. The switch is basically a question of whether the lock/unlock process is handled by Apple or by 1Password. The default on iPhone is to allow Apple to handle it. Apple requires you to unlock on every use. 1Password can remain unlocked based on your settings, with the caveat that after each reboot the 1Password app itself (not the autofill interface) must be unlocked prior to that being able to happen. The reason for this is that the autofill interface doesn't have the capability to store the required secret in the iOS keychain to keep things unlocked.

But I do have autofill turned off BTW, I always long press to bring up 1Password, or use the icon when in the keyboard.

The name "autofill" is a bit misleading as well. It doesn't automatically fill anything. User interaction is always required. If you're able to tap the key above the keyboard and access 1Password data, then autofill is on.

Ben

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Thanks. I did not know Apple forces the login every time. I’ve made the switch, and I’ll play for a week or so, and see how it goes. I appreciate the clarification on the terms. Yep, a bit confusing. Cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @MajorHavoc, let us know how it goes :+1:

• nostink
    nostink
    Community Member

If I may step in here, I am having the same issue.

I already have my settings in my iPad with the recommended fix "On iOS, in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security do you have the Always show lock screen for Password Autofill turned on? If not please try turning that on." but it does not correct the issue.

Any other suggestions, please?

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

It seems better, but I still see the problem.

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Well, I’m once again swearing at you guys. This problem of requiring me to log in using my password EVEY DAMN TIME I need a password is driving me crazy. And not only requiring the password, but not accepting Face ID or finger scan on those devices when requesting. And this happens all the time.Logging in here, the problem of passwords not always pasting in correctly happened (another annoying bug) so I clicked 1Password again, not 10 seconds later, and bang, asking me to TYPE my password even though I have finger scanning enabled on this device (iPad Mini 4 running 14.0). Similar problem on my iPhone 11 Pro running 13.x where it ignores that face scan is enabled. On my iMac Pro, same issue requiring the password when it should not. I set my lock time to 30 minutes.

And note this is on Windows, iOS, and MacOS, so sounds systemic. I have put Lastpass on my computers as a back up I find this so frustrating. It’s been this way for maybe a year or longer. Are you all just not seeing it, or are you aware but can’t find the problem?

One very annoyed and aggravated customer. Please find a fix for this compound problem: requiring a password every time ignoring the lock out setting, and ignoring or forgetting that face scan or finger scan have been enabled.

I see this mostly in the keyboard pop up but it happens in the main app at times as well.

Thanks for listening to my gripe.

Cheers

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Here is an interesting clue. If I log in to the app directly after I enter my password in the keyboard pop up, then it stays unlocked. Note that the app required my password even though I had just entered it. Hope that is a clue for you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MajorHavoc:

And not only requiring the password, but not accepting Face ID or finger scan on those devices when requesting.

It sounds like there might be something wrong with your biometrics configuration, since this is controlled by iOS itself, 1Password only gets the result back from the operating system as far as I know. We will be happy to take a look though, and see if we can spot anything in the logs. I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

Nope. They work just fine for every other app. And I have tried removing the setting from 1Password and setting it back, and it works for a while and then simply stops being offered as an option. But if I go to my credit card or bank, they work just fine. I would accept a problem there if I was offered the option and it did not work, but it is like 1Password is not even aware they exist. Some times!. Stand by, I’ll get a log from a device as soon as I can. I have to be careful with logs as these are work machines. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood :+1:

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member

As usual, now that I want to catch it, it is mostly working. So question, how long after it fails do,I have to capture your logs?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MajorHavoc:

Typical :D It doesn't really matter when you capture the logs, as long as you make a note of when it happens, so we can scroll back and locate the exact moment to investigate in the logs.

This discussion has been closed.