1Password data updates not seen by iOS devices

jwlimages
jwlimages
Community Member

Longtime 1PW user, on multiple devices. Version 7.6 works fine on Mac Pro & MacBook Pro (both running Mojave). Recently I have found that changes to 1PW (changing website login passwords, adding new logins) are not "seen" by 1PW v. 7.7 on my iPhone 6s+ (iOS 14.0.1), or my older iPad.

All instances of 1PW are set to sync via DropBox, and the phone indicates it is syncing, but current data never appears in that 1PW. When I look in DropBox, I see the files "1Password.opvault" and "1Password.agilekeychain". I assume the latter is an older version (obsolete?) since it has not been modified in over a year. Is my iPhone stuck on using that older 'keychain' file, and if so how can I get it to use the .opvault file instead?

Thanks,

John

1Password Version: 7.6 Mac, 7.7 iOS
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @jwlimages

I'm sorry to hear things aren't syncing as expected. You are correct that Agile Keychain is the older format. It may help to turn sync off on the iPhone, delete the Agile Keychain file from Dropbox, and then re-enable sync. We have a more comprehensive guide available here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jwlimages
    jwlimages
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    Thanks so much for your reply. I think I have it sorted now, the old ...keychain file was indeed the culprit. For some reason the iOS devices were stuck on it, the desktop & laptop use the correct sync file. Looks like I got the older iPad to sync correctly now as well.

Regards,

John

• Excellent! Thanks for the update @jwlimages :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.