Alerts When New Members Added To Vault

Options
ccombs
ccombs
Community Member

Hello,
I'm looking to get better visibility into the 1pass business instance that we use, one feature that I would like is to have alerts sent through slack/email when a new member is added to a specific vault. There are some vaults that we use that have extremely valuable secrets and we don't expect the member list to change. Is there a way I could get alerted if that membership changes?

If that's not possible, is it possible to automate reports on that vault on a regular schedule? I'd like to do this without having to click a lot of buttons in the web UI, not sure if this is possible using the CLI tool or not. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ccombs

I'm looking to get better visibility into the 1pass business instance that we use, one feature that I would like is to have alerts sent through slack/email when a new member is added to a specific vault. There are some vaults that we use that have extremely valuable secrets and we don't expect the member list to change. Is there a way I could get alerted if that membership changes?

I'm not aware of any built-in functionality for this, however I'd be happy to file a request with the development team for their consideration. :) I'm not in a position to make any promises, other than to say I will pass that feedback along.

If that's not possible, is it possible to automate reports on that vault on a regular schedule? I'd like to do this without having to click a lot of buttons in the web UI, not sure if this is possible using the CLI tool or not. Thank you!

It would take some scripting knowledge but it would be possible to automate having the CLI generate output indicating which users have access to which vaults, and then comparing that output with the results from the previous run. That wouldn't be an out-of-the-box solution, though, that would be something you'd need to create. If you're interested in going that route the folks over in our CLI category may be able to help get you started.

Ben

ref: internal/business-roadmap#140

• ccombs
    ccombs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I'll look into the CLI category! Yeah I don't mind scripting it myself, I just need to be able to call an endpoint that reports who has access to a vault.

I'd appreciate a request getting filed for this feature, is there a way that I can keep up with feature updates to 1pass?

• Ben
    Options

I'd appreciate a request getting filed for this feature

Done.

Thanks Ben, I'll look into the CLI category! Yeah I don't mind scripting it myself, I just need to be able to call an endpoint that reports who has access to a vault.

That should be possible using the CLI. :)

is there a way that I can keep up with feature updates to 1pass?

If you have an account manager they may be able to help keep you informed about specific changes. If you don't, I'd suggest emailing business@1password.com to discuss further. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.