How do I print a copy of my 1Password information

salubo
salubo
Community Member

Can you please help me with printing a hard copy of my 1Password files? I want a hard copy to put in a safe. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I print a copy of my 1Password information on my iMac

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020

@salubo

Data is ever-changing. Keeping a list of password updates would be a chore, if not impossible. With such a task, the chances of accidentally revealing your data increases.

When I hear someone asking about printing their data, they're usually asking about situations where the 1Password.com servers are unavailable or unreachable. In that situation, each device retains a locally cached copy of the data. Once service or the internet has been restored, any changes will be synced to your account and then onto other connected devices. You will always have access to your data.

If you are seeking something like estate planning, I would recommend printing a copy of your Emergency Kit and keeping it in the safe. I do. That way, if something should happen to me, my children (older) would have access to the most up-to-date data and not risk running into a situation where a password was changed and never updated within the safe. With my Emergency Kit, my children would not need my machine to access the data. All they would do is sign into my account to gain access. I have my Emergency Kit stored with all of my estate papers, on-site, off-site at relative's homes in a safe, and off-site in a bank safe deposit box for peace of mind.

https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

By far, the best place to keep your data is within 1Password locked and secured until it is needed.

• salubo
    salubo
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Thank you so much for this very helpful advice. Our situation is that I'm the one who uses all the passwords, etc. for accounts that are paid on line, via the bank, etc. My dear wife has no experience with this and as much as I've shown her, it simply doesn't "sink in" all the time. No offense meant to her. Her skill set simply isn't in this area. Your suggestions are good (older children, etc.). I will check out the link to the emergency kit you included. Thanks again. I appreciate your time. SB

• @salubo

I am glad that I could help even in a small way. If you have any questions, we are here for you.

This discussion has been closed.