To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Duplicate entries

Options
leighh
leighh
Community Member

I got a family membership and merged my old account. I now have 2 of every password. Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OSX most recent
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate entries

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020
    Options

@leighh

It sounds as if you have a Primary vault remaining on the machine. This is often the cause of duplication. The Primary vault cannot be seen nor interacted with by your account vault.

If all of your data is in your account vault, then you would want to remove the Primary vault. https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

• leighh
    leighh
    Community Member
    Options

Just so Im clear and dont remove the wrong vault - one is local on the device and one is in dropbox. Should i synch and then remove the one on my local machine?

• leighh
    leighh
    Community Member
    Options

oh and while im here it asks if I'm editing, excluding or manage access (and it says private vault)

• @leighh

The Primary vault would be the one synced via Dropbox. The Personal/Private vault, and the Shared vault would be for your membership. The steps to remove the Primary are below.

Your membership should be in sync as 1Password handles all syncing. Dropbox may also be in sync. If in doubt, sync your devices, which usually would involve just unlocking the app. Then make sure the Personal/Private vault contains all of your data. Next, you would remove the Primary vault. The deletion is more of an unlinking of the vault from 1Password.

1. From the menu bar, choose vault> Switch to Vault > Primary.
    2. Choose vault> Delete Vault.
  • leighh
    leighh
    Community Member
    Options

HI - I don't mean to be daft but there is nothing that says choose - there is nothing that says switch to - so do you just want me to delete the primary account?

• @leighh

If all of your data is in your Personal/Private vault, then yes, please delete (remove) the Primary. 🙂 That should sort things out. You will be asked for your Master Password to confirm.

• leighh
    leighh
    Community Member
    Options

So that worked but now i can't find how to synch with dropbox. I have this on my phone so need to make sure they are all synced up. see photo

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leighh:

Since you are now using a Families Membership, sync is automatic through 1Password.com, there is no need to configure sync manually anymore :)

• leighh
    leighh
    Community Member
    Options

Oh .... ok. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @leighh! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.