1Password not working for me

Options
senioruserfriendly
senioruserfriendly
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac

I've installed 1Password, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I believe I have followed instructions. I installed the app, then I installed extensions for both Chrome and Firefox. I'm on a Mac Air 2019. All software is updated to the latest version.

The instructions then had me log into a site so it would add the site, id, and password. I tried two sites and nothing was saved. I re-read the instructions. Proper permissions were given. The extension was active.

When I downloaded the Chrome Extension, there were two on the Chrome Extension Page. I did not see the difference. I believe the app was version 7? and the extensions refer to 1passwordx.

I did disable my former pwd manager, extensions: lastpass. I didn't uninstall their app. I know that Firefox may also be saving passwords.

I rebooted and tried again. There was no offer to save my id/pwd.

So is this due to the metal plate in my head, Q-Anon, or have I made some sort of mistake?

I'd really like to get this resolved. I'm fed up with Lastpass and hope that I never need to see the name again.

Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @senioruserfriendly! Welcome to the forum!

I know that Firefox may also be saving passwords.

Can you please make sure that your browsers are definitely not trying to save passwords?

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

If you are not prompted to save credentials that you enter on a page, it is often because browsers are interfering with this.

• senioruserfriendly
    senioruserfriendly
    Community Member
    Options

I turned off lockwise in firefox. I exited and rebooted. 1Password is still not offering me the opportunity to save paswords.
    I start the app, and the extension is already on.

Previously I installed the app and then the extension.

Background
    Firefox 82.0 for Mac.
    1password 7.app.
    1Password X 12.2.1 installed on Firefox and Chrome
    Macbook Air 2019
    OSX Catalina 10.15.7.

Room temp 68F ;)

• senioruserfriendly
    senioruserfriendly
    Community Member
    Options

I turned off lockwise in firefox. I exited and rebooted. 1Password is still not offering me the opportunity to save paswords.
    I start the app, and the extension is already on.

Previously I installed the app and then the extension.

Background
    Firefox 82.0 for Mac.
    1password 7.app.
    1Password X 12.2.1 installed on Firefox and Chrome
    Macbook Air 2019
    OSX Catalina 10.15.7.

Room temp 68F ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2020
    Options

@senioruserfriendly:

I turned off lockwise in firefox. I exited and rebooted. 1Password is still not offering me the opportunity to save passwords.

WIth the 1Password X browser extension, after you enter your username and password in a Login form, you will see a Save in 1Password button just below the form:

Just make sure that 1Password X is unlocked, or the inline menu with the save button will not appear.

This discussion has been closed.