1Password "Beachballs" After Adding "Large" Entries

Options
ossiejhmoore
ossiejhmoore
Community Member
edited October 2020 in Mac

I quote "large" because, in the grand scheme of things, the "large" entry has very little data but is "large" compared to other entries. I store key/value pairs of information for a server. (username/password, database port numbers, installation directories, etc.) This entry has about 75 entries. After creating a total of about five of these, the "large" entries combine for about 400 key/value pairs of entries.

After I created these entries, 1Password 7.6 started beach-balling anytime 1Password needed to unlock the database. Once the database is unlocked, everything is fine. But this beachball event takes a solid 45-70 seconds. I mostly remedied this by completely removing 1Password, and all of the 1Password data files from the various Library folder. (I followed the 1Password guide for completely removing 1Password.)

After completely removing and reinstalling 1Password, this issue is mostly resolved. However, I still find that since these were added, 1Password will still beach ball frequently upon unlocking for a short period of time (say.. 5-15 seconds).

Very irritating. It is possible for me to demonstrate this for you in a video but I do not care to post it here. This happens on multiple mac OS workstations. While I am willing to accept that I might have an issue with my local installation, I doubt this because I don't have this problem with anything else and it only started after adding these five "large" entries.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:type

Comments

This discussion has been closed.