3rd party login providers ie tinypass.com - Mac vs iPad

rhornsby
rhornsby
Community Member

Salem Media Group runs a handful of sites (hotair.com, twitchy.com, townhall, etc). A few months ago they switched to use tinypass.com as their login provider across their properties. A single subscription allows "premium" access to all sites. Since the switch to tinypass, for some reason, I cannot get 1P on Mac to understand how to pull up the correct credentials on any of the sites. I've tried making a 1P login for both the specific site (ie hotair.com) and tinypass.com, but 1P on Mac doesn't recognize either of these as related to the site - ie for autofill or when pulling up 1P while visiting the site (Safari, if that matters). Basically this means needing to manually open 1P, search for the credentials, then copy/paste the username, then copy/paste the password.

It gets weirder. Using the same vault (sync via 1P account), this works correctly in Safari on my iPad. That is: go to one of these sites, and try to log in. iPad says "fill in the password? iCloud or 1P?" Choose 1P, fingerprint to unlock 1P, and 1P correctly offers the tinypass login. This also works for sites not explicitly listed in 1P, like townhall.com, correctly recognizing that the login provider is tinypass.com.

Given that it works on the iPad but not on MacOS, this seems like a bug?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1P.com account

Comments

• @rhornsby

Do you have the vault (where the login is saved) enabled in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults > Show in All Vaults?

• rhornsby
    rhornsby
    Community Member

@ag_tommy only running a single vault, but FWIW 'show in all vaults' is enabled.

• ag_tommy
    edited October 2020

@rhornsby

Can you make sure both of these URL's are saved within your login? (for you hotair login) https://hotair.com and https://tinypass.com.

• rhornsby
    rhornsby
    Community Member

I had tried that before with no luck. I tried again and I’m not sure what’s going on, but on Mac, it will fill in the password but not the username. It will only do that for sites additionally listed on the tinypass login. The rest act like the top post, won’t fill anything.

I checked, these 1P changes are synced and showing up on my iPad. The iPad’s behavior appears unaffected - still working properly.

• @rhornsby

I was able to create a fillable login for Hotair using 1Password 7.7 beta 11. I had a mixed set of results with Safari on 7.6. It looks like you will have a better experience once the beta changes to the stable version.

• rhornsby
    rhornsby
    Community Member

thanks for digging into it. waiting for 7.7 GA is fine.. It’s been a weird/minor inconvenience and [for me] has only affected that group of properties, so I only piped up when I realized the iOS behavior was different. Thanks again for your effort.

• @rhornsby

You're welcome. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.