1Password app is freezing when I open it

Options
Denisau
Denisau
Community Member

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.0.1. The 1Password app is freezing when I open it. It goes to the opening graphic, with no text, and just hangs there. Rebooting the phone frees up the app again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Denisau

Does it help if you update to the latest version of iOS - 14.1? I was unable to reproduce the issue you experienced.

• cvinette
    cvinette
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I can confirm we are experiencing the same issue when trying to autofill a password on a third party application on iOS. Running 14.1. The 1Password screen shows up is stuck on the Splash Screen. Thanks for the support!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks @cvinette. We're aware of the situation. At this point the best bet to get things back in order is to restart the device as Denisau alluded.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4394

• cvinette
    cvinette
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for getting back to me Ben, I appreciate it!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• khroma
    khroma
    Community Member
    Options

I've been running into this same issue. I've forced closed all apps and restarted my iPhone. I then open the 1Password app and it works fine. However if the iPhone goes to sleep or I open another app and then go back to the 1Password app it will freeze. I even went as far as uninstalling the 1Password app and reinstalling it.

None of these steps fixed the issue. It acts like it is going to run Face ID but it hangs and does nothing. That lead me to testing disabling Face ID for this app and that seems to have fixed the issue as I cannot reproduce it anymore.

iPhone 11 Pro Max
    iOS 14.1
    1Password Version 7.7

• Ben
    Options

Thank you for the additional information @khroma. I'll share those insights with our development team. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.