Evernote Web Clipping and 1Password

Options
Sandgirl
Sandgirl
Community Member
edited November 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the subscription 1Password, fully updated. Whenever I try to use Evernote's web clipper in Chrome, it asks me to log in. If I use my 1Password keyboard shortcut, all I get is a math symbol and no 1Password. I see the 1Password icon in the login window, but I can't use 1Password for this version of Evernote. The app works perfectly everywhere else. Since I use Evernote often, this is pretty inconvenient and I thought I would ask how I can fix this behavior by Evernote web. Thank you.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: Mojave fully updates
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Evernote Web Clipping and 1Password

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Sandgirl

I'd be happy to try and help with that. Not being an Evernote user myself I'm not super familiar with their web clipper. When you activate it, and are asked to log in, is that happening on a web page, within the Evernote app, or elsewhere?

Also, could you please elaborate on this?

all I get is a math symbol

I'm not sure what this would be in reference to. Would you be able to provide a screenshot, without revealing any personal information?

▷ How to take a screenshot

Thanks!

Ben

• Sandgirl
    Sandgirl
    Community Member
    Options

Here is the Evernote login window and here is another shot of what it looks like when I try to use 1Password in that window. Thank you very much for your attention!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Sandgirl ,
    Thanks for the screenshot.

It looks like a minimal browser window that doesn't show the browser's toolbar on it, and 1Password X is locked. If the keyboard shortcut to show 1Password X doesn't work (CMD+SHIFT+X in Chrome, CMD+Period in Firefox), then you can simply click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner of your main browser window to unlock it there.

Once 1Password X is unlocked, you can go back to that minimal window with the Evernote login and see if 1Password X functions properly there.
    Does that help?

• Sandgirl
    Sandgirl
    Community Member
    Options

That is very helpful and it definitely works and will save me quite a bit of time from now on.

Thank you very much for the prompt and efficacious help!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear that Yaron was able to help you out. On his behalf, you're very welcome! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.