Need to be able to copy 1Password shortcut title content

Options
TonyDennis
TonyDennis
Community Member

Hello, mighty but kind AgileFolk!

This may seem trivial, but it's a very big annoyance and hinderance to me that I can't copy from the 1Password shortcut titles.

When I create or update a web account, I first enter the information into a 1Password shortcut, then copy and paste from that shortcut into the website fields to create or update the login. That way I always know that what's in 1Password is what was entered into the account online. (No typos for me!) Further, I use the 1Password shortcut as a "home base" for entering account information in general. I also frequently duplicate shortcuts when creating new ones, so they're already populated with most of the info I need for the new shortcut, it's just different user credentials.

With all of this done, I find myself frequently wanting to copy parts of the shortcut title, e.g., User's name, company name, product name, etc., but have been extremely surprised and frustrated to find that I can't copy any part of the shortcut title when not in editing mode. Why the heck not?!? It's not only quicker to be able to do so, it assures that I don't have typos in people's names.

Please allow for copying of all or part of shortcut titles when not in edit mode!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Thank you.

• Tony

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-11 (70700011)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X v10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion. :) As you say, at the moment, you'd need to be in edit mode to do this using the 1Password for Mac app. If instead you use the web app, you can copy and paste without entering edit mode, so that might be another possible solution here as well.

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

I assume you mean 1Password X? I tried that a few months back and found it quite lacking vs. the actual app and the plug-ins. I tried, but I didn't even last an hour with it before I switched back. Plus, I use Chrome as my primary browser along with Safari and Firefox, and my understanding is that there are issues with various browsers. Am I off track?

I'm a beta tester for 1Password. Maybe my level of comfort with the "Classic" 1Password experience is prejudicing me against 1Password X?

Your comments seem to support the impression I'm getting that you guys are heading in the direction of 1Password X, and 1Password "Classic" isn't getting much in the way of future feature development. Am I mistaken?πŸ€”

• Ben
    Options

I actually wasn't referring to 1Password X, but rather the 1Password web app, which lives at https://start.1password.com/

We have no intention of replacing the 1Password desktop apps with the web app and/or 1Password X. :+1:

Ben

• TonyDennis
    TonyDennis
    Community Member
    Options

I just realized that my original request got lost in the discussion. Is this something that you guys will address? It seems like it'd be very easy to fix, no?🧐

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TonyDennis:

We currently don't have any plans to address this in the immediate future, but it's certainly something that we can keep in mind as we continue improving on 1Password :+1:

This discussion has been closed.