Copy (duplicate) record (Account/note and etc ...) near old record, in same vault.

Options
gasevitts
gasevitts
Community Member

A very useful feature for me is copying records (duplication) with new custom fields created at an early stage to the same store, so as not to create the same structure of an already new record manually adding fields with the same names.

Unfortunately, at the moment in this program there is no way to create your own record type (template) - the ability to copy is a must for me.

Problem:
When I hold my finger on the record for a long time and then select copy, I am presented with a list of all storages except the current one. But I need to copy to the current Repository. Why can't I do this?

Workaround at the moment:
In order to simply create a duplicate (copy an entry into the same vault, I need

• Copy an entry (copy command) to another vault
  • Move the entry back to the current vault from the vault where I copied the entry earlier
  • As a result, I just get the same new record next to the old one and can edit it without re-creating all the fields

Comment:
I also noticed that there is a transfer (not copy) command and the list of places to copy the record is exactly the same as with the transfer record command, so there may be an error in the filter of places for output in the program, this is a simple error that can be fixed in a short time?

Explain please - maybe I do not understand correctly how to use the command to copy the record to the current location (duplication)?

1Password Version: 7.7.1 (For android )
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10 (kernel 4.4.177)
Sync Type: you cloud (this site)

Comments

• Hey @gasevitts, thanks for reaching out to us!

You're correct that 1Password for Android doesn't currently support duplicating items. I've gone ahead and passed your request on to our developers.

Fortunately, if you have a 1Password account, you can duplicate items in 1Password.com by going to the item, clicking on , and then clicking on Duplicate.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask us :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1011

This discussion has been closed.