How to add 1Password to my iPad?

Options
rgevans871
rgevans871
Community Member

I currently have 1Password on my Macbook Air and would like to add it to my iPad Pro. How do I do that?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 13.5.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to add 1Password to my iPad?

Comments

• @rgevans871

How are you syncing your data? This help topic may help https://support.1password.com/sync-options/ .

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member
    Options

I looked at this link. I can't sign into my account because I don't have the Secret Key number and am not able to find it so far from my review of the information. I believe I read if you have a stand alone license (what ever that means), that you don't need a secret key to sign into your account. My license says I should be able to use 1Password on all my devices. I'll keep trying to figure this out, but if you have any more tips, I'd appreciate hearing of them.

Ron.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rgevans871:

Correct, if you don't have an account you don't have a Secret Key. What option are you choosing on the first window of 1Password on your iPad, after you installed it? It sounds like you are choosing the 1Password.com option even if, as you said, you don't have an account on 1Password.com.

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe we're getting at the crux of the problem. I don't have 1Password installed on my iPad, only my Macbook Air. How do I install it on my iPad? Perhaps I didn't previously ask my question correctly?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rgevans871:

How do I install it on my iPad?

You can install 1Password on your iPad from the App Store, like any other iOS app. Here is the direct link for you.

Once you have 1Password installed on your iPad, select where your data is stored (iCloud or Dropbox) from the welcome screen, and you will have this second device synced with your existing one :+1:

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry to keep having questions, I'm not very savvy with these 1Password manipulations. When I went to the IOS App store earlier, it indicated an $8.99 trial for the 1Password App. What will the cost be beyond the trial period, however long that is? I was not anticipating an additional cost to add 1Password to my other devices, but apparently that's not the case. The other question I have is about where my passwords are stored. I use primarily the Mini application on my tool bar in Chrome, put in my password to open the safe and then access the passwords. I've always assumed that these were encrypted and kept secure somewhere by 1Password. Perhaps you could enlighten me on where this assumption needs correction.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rgevans871:

I was not anticipating an additional cost to add 1Password to my other devices, but apparently that's not the case.

A subscription is not mandatory, if you don't want one. As I wrote in my previous post, you don't need to choose the 1Password.com option or start a new trial. Once you have 1Password installed on your iPad, select where your data is already stored (iCloud or Dropbox) from the welcome screen, and you will have this second device synced with your existing one.

The other question I have is about where my passwords are stored. I use primarily the Mini application on my tool bar in Chrome, put in my password to open the safe and then access the passwords. I've always assumed that these were encrypted and kept secure somewhere by 1Password.

Your passwords are either stored just on your computer, in iCloud or in Dropbox, depending on how you configured 1Password. We can help you with this if you would like, in case you do not remember. To do this, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I just sent my diagnostic report to support+forum@agilebits.com. Sorry for the delay. I've been distracted with issues on the home front.

• @rgevans871

I was able to locate your ticket. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: WUH-72683-127

This discussion has been closed.