Where can I enable U2F (e.g. with Yubikey)? It is not shown in my 2factor settings.

suchademon
suchademon
Community Member

To better protect my account, I would like to add a second factor for authentication, so I looked up your documentation and found that it is possible to either use an authentication app or to use U2F e.g. with yubikey.
I followed the documentation and but I can only see in the twofactor settings that I can only add an app as a second factor.
Do I need to first create a second factor with an app to get then the U2F function enrolled or what do I need to do to get it working?

Many thanks in advance

br

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yubikey

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @suchademon! Welcome to the forum!

Do I need to first create a second factor with an app to get then the U2F function enrolled or what do I need to do to get it working?

That's correct :+1: You will first need to activate 2FA with an app, and then you will see the option to add a Yubikey. This is because not every client app currently supports U2F, so we need to make sure there is an authenticator app configured to avoid you getting locked out from your data on those apps.

• suchademon
    suchademon
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana,
    thanks for the fast response ;) and thanks for the help.

br

• @suchademon

On behalf of Ana you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.