Bug? 1Password X on Google Chrome never locks

I installed today. Whenever I log out of 1Password X and/or close my web browser, I am still able to autofill all my passwords when in Chrome - including the master password for 1Password X itself! This means if anyone can access my mac, they can simply open chrome and have access to all my passwords without even unlocking 1Password X. I have 0 passwords saved in Chrome, so it's not chrome. When I delete the extension the autofill is no longer there. I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 and Chrome Version 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (x86_64). Is this intended or a massive bug?

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/KIxwcey

1Password Version: 1Password X 916
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zan! Welcome to the forum!

Whenever I log out of 1Password X

Can you please let us know step by step how you log out of 1Password X, so we can try to replicate this?

For example, when I close my Chrome browser with Cmd+Q and I launch it again, 1Password X is always locked for me.

• zan
    zan
    Community Member

I log out by clicking on my profile name on top right and then clicking "Sign Out". Also, another way is just by closing the browser. Both ways allow me to keep using auto-fill when opening new browser window.

When I tried Cmd+Q the autofill is no longer available.

Is this expected behaviour?

• zan
    zan
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

I received a response on my reddit post and it seems I didn't realise that the web UI is completely separate from the 1Password X extension. I now realise I can manage the lock settings in the 1Password X extension directly, which will auto-lock after I idle for a few minutes - and also as you mentioned using Cmd+Q or restarting my mac. I think as a new user it is quite confusing to learn the web UI, desktop app, the desktop app chrome extension and then the 1Password X extension. I hope these will be consolidated in future.

Just to summarise, I think the part that was unclear to me was that signing out of the web UI is not locking the 1Password X extension and that it has its own settings page.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zan:

Just to summarise, I think the part that was unclear to me was that signing out of the web UI is not locking the 1Password X extension and that it has its own settings page.

Indeed, that's the case: one is a web app, and one is a browser extension. They are separate from the point of view of how they lock :+1:

I am glad that you received an answers already on Reddit, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.