Help -> Tools -> Clean Up Duplicate Items - does not work as expected

Options
christian_vrl
christian_vrl
Community Member
edited November 2020 in Mac

I merged 2 vaults and after this ended up with some duplicate items ( same : description , password, username and url ) . I tried to clean it up using " Help -> Tools -> Clean Up Duplicate Items " option with no luck . Another interesting detail is that on "item 1" the password strength is "very good" and on "item 2" is "good" . The only diference between the 2 items is "last modified" date , everything else is the same on both items .
I have around 500 items on this situation .
I using MacOS 10.15 release , 1Password 7 release ( I even installed the beta version) . I use local folder sync as I use an software to sync my work folder through out my devices

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-12 (70700012)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: folder

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @christian_vrl! Welcome to the forum!

Can you let us know the steps you followed to merge these two vaults?

• christian_vrl
    christian_vrl
    Community Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Sure,

I export all items from one vault , then import them all to my primary vault . I used the 1pass format .
    Just to clear one more thing , the "clean up duplicates" indeed found some dups , but just a few and not all of them .
    And I did this all with 1password version 7.6 on Mac

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@christian_vrl:

Would you be able to give this another try without an export/import? If you look inside your 1Password for Mac app, you should see a new tag that was created when you imported the data, allowing you to quickly select all of these items and remove them so you can try this again.

Now, instead of exporting and importing, can you try simply moving your data from one vault to the other, and then run the duplicate tool? Is it able to find more items now?

• christian_vrl
    christian_vrl
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

I tried again . I moved every entry with a tag "from ..." to a new vault , then I moved them back . It shows 1 duplicated entry. I repeated the process and again 1 duplicated entry was clean up . I tried again , this time I moved the entries, remove the tag and moved back , no dups were removed . I also tried moving everything to the new vault and running the clean up on it with no success . I also tried copying everything to a new vault with no success .
    Sorry for the delayed return . I ready to any new test you want me to do . Ohh, I downloaded and reinstall the 7.6 version and did all tests on it .
    I still want to help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@christian_vrl:

I tried again . I moved every entry with a tag "from ..." to a new vault , then I moved them back . It shows 1 duplicated entry. I repeated the process and again 1 duplicated entry was clean up . I tried again , this time I moved the entries, remove the tag and moved back , no dups were removed . I also tried moving everything to the new vault and running the clean up on it with no success . I also tried copying everything to a new vault with no success .

I tried to apply this procedure but I am afraid I could not follow. Would you please give us numbered step by step instructions so we can try to reproduce the exact same process? This way we can make sure to test exactly the steps that you are following :+1:

• christian_vrl
    christian_vrl
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana ,

Is it ok if I record a video to you showing the process ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@christian_vrl:

That would also work, thank you. Please feel free to email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com if the attachment is not too large :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• christian_vrl
    christian_vrl
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana ,

The email I sent took support id [#HUI-23586-667] .

I also noticed that 2 record's that have the same info have the fields in different positions . Or little difference in names , exampla : "type" and "account type" .

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@christian_vrl:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: HUI-23586-667

This discussion has been closed.