"Terrible" Passwords

1Password has labeled one of my online account login passwords as "terrible" even though it was created by 1Password. It is long, has upper and lower-case letters, as well as numbers. It doesn't have any special characters. But again, it's the password generated by 1Password, yet labels it as terrible.
This is the first time I have used this community site and have no idea how to find the answer, if and when someone responds.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Labels my password as "terrible".

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeffreyrohr! Welcome to the forum!

This is a bug in the password strength meter, our developers are aware of it and will hopefully have a fix available soon. In the meantime, you don't have to worry: the password is strong, the problem is just with the password strength bar which is not updated appropriately :+1:

This is the first time I have used this community site and have no idea how to find the answer, if and when someone responds.

You will receive an email notification with a link that brings you back to this page :)

• jeffreyrohr
    jeffreyrohr
    Community Member

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for your explanation.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @jeffreyrohr! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kontrafiktion
    kontrafiktion
    Community Member

This bug is more than a year old.
    I wanted to check my existing passwords, sorted it by strength and got so many "terrible" passwords (generated by 1 Password) that this is a really futile. Please help your customers eliminate really terrible passwords without a sifting through a plethora of false positives

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Our developers are aware of this @kontrafiktion, hopefully they will have an update soon :)

This discussion has been closed.