macOS 11 Big Sur

Options
pbGuy
pbGuy
Community Member

11/12 is the delivery date; & just checking... Is 1PW 7 (7.6) immediately compatible?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pbGuy

While there shouldn't be any major issues with the 7.6 version on Big Sur we do have some improvements planned for upcoming releases of 1Password for Mac specifically for that OS. Personally I plan to update at least one of my Macs to Big Sur tomorrow.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

From one of my colleagues:

The main question here is "Is 1Password 7 compatible with Big Sur?" which is a resounding Yes!
    I've been using it with no problems on the Big Sur beta for weeks.

Ben

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

Has anyone seen any issues with the 1Password Chrome Extension installed on Microsoft Edge under Big Sur? It worked fine in Catalina, but I did a clean install to Big Sur this morning. Now, even though the Extension is installed and active in Edge, 1Password does not recognize it and just keeps asking me to install the extension.

In the same vein, any chance of getting an official Edge version of the extension instead of having to go to the Chrome store?

• Ben
    Options

@Tribruin

I don't personally have experience with Edge, but I'd be happy to get you in touch with our extensions team so they can help you troubleshoot this issue further. To facilitate that I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/577190/#Comment_577190
    • Your forum username: Tribruin

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

Ben

• Tribruin
    Tribruin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Here is the support number KVF-81234-164

• Ben
    Options

Thanks!

Ben

ref: KVF-81234-164

• @Tribruin,

In the same vein, any chance of getting an official Edge version of the extension instead of having to go to the Chrome store?

As far as I'm aware there aren't any plans to do that.

• lechatsportiff
    lechatsportiff
    Community Member
    Options

I can't find the 1P extension on safari... In preferences appears as installed and activated, but it just does not show on safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lechatsportiff:

Can you please try these suggestions and see if they help?

If you don’t see the 1Password icon in your browser

• lechatsportiff
    lechatsportiff
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, its working now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @lechatsportiff! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• grandpamike
    grandpamike
    Community Member
    Options

Just want to be sure that when I update, that 1Pass will work with Big Sur ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Updating to Big Sur from Catalina 10.15.7 will the latest version of 1Pass work with the the new OS

• @grandpamike

Yes, 1Password will work nicely with Big Sur. I have been using it on the betas for several versions now. :chuffed:

• jpaulsokal
    jpaulsokal
    Community Member
    Options

I run 1 Password 7 on my current MacBook Pro, I do not have a subscription. I purchased a license.

1Password Version: 7.6
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: WLAN server
    Referrer: forum-search:I've purchased a new MacBook Air with the Apple M1 chip. I run 1Password 7 on my current MacBook Pro ( not a subscription). Will 1Password 7 run on the new Mac?

• @jpaulsokal,

It'll run under Rosetta 2 on the new MacBook Air.

• durikon
    durikon
    Community Member
    Options

The menu bar app and the Safari extension does not work for me in BigSur.
    The menu bar app opens exactly once after locking and then only reacts to secondary clicks. No 1password mini shows when I click it.
    The safari extension does not do anything anymore.
    Both say version 7.6.

• durikon
    durikon
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what changed, but it started working.... >_<

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @durikon! I am glad to hear that things are working again :)

• TimInBC
    TimInBC
    Community Member
    Options

Same here - in Big Sur the Safari icon for 1PW doesn't do anything.
    Also, when I was resetting my password here, right-click shows 1Password as an option, but it doesn't do anything either.

Check-for-updates says my 1PW is up to date,
    Based on the above, I'll wait a bit and see what others report.

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

Safari/Big Sur works just fine for me, although I almost exclusively use Chrome/1PX for its autofill features.

• andreaba
    andreaba
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Today i made a Big Sur clean install on my Mac.
    Then I downloaded the standalone version (package 7.6) of 1password from your website, but the installation process failed and Big Sur warning me to contact you.

Seems that isn’t compatible with Big Sur, no problem with the previous Catalina OS.

Thanks for your reply.
    Andrea

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member
    Options

• TimInBC
    TimInBC
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this is odd. As someone else above noted, when I retried Safari later, the 1Password icon worked fine. One oddity remains: the icon opens the usual window, but if there's a button to close it I couldn't see it. Esc key worked, though.

• ahsilver
    ahsilver
    Community Member
    Options

I did a clean install as well. I downloaded the latest version, and I get an error. It warns to contact the developer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TimInBC:

Big Sur is quite a big update, so it's possible that things needed a little bit of time to settle in the background :+1:

One oddity remains: the icon opens the usual window, but if there's a button to close it I couldn't see it. Esc key worked, though.

There was no change to the extension window from this point of view: even before the update you could close it with the Esc key, or by clicking outside of the extension window.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andreaba:

Seems that isn’t compatible with Big Sur, no problem with the previous Catalina OS.

I am currently using 1Password 7 on Big Sur and things are working (as also reported by other users in this discussion), so it is certainly compatible. Are you able to post a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when you try to install it?

• andreaba
    andreaba
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Thanks ag_ana for your help,
    I get the same error (warns to contact the developer) like ahsilver - I did a clean install as well. I downloaded the latest version, and I get an error. It warns to contact the developer.

Today, in order to complete the setup of the apps, I seen the 1Password icon app on the Dock like last app launched.
    I launch 1Password app and wonderfully 1Password started asking me the setup code.

Now 1Password seems works correctly.
    Maybe there is something in the installation process to be fix.

Thanks again to you and the community for the help.

Andrea

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andreaba:

Thank you for the additional information! I have tried downloading and installing 1Password 7.6 from our website, but it installed correctly for me without warnings (Big Sur 11.0.1). I will keep testing this and see if I can reproduce the behavior :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andreaba, @ahsilver:

I managed to see the error message with the 7.6 installer: I was only able to make this happen if 1Password is currently not installed on the machine, which explains why I was not seeing this in my first tests (if the app is already installed and I run the installer again, the installation completes without errors for me).

I have also tried this with the latest beta installer (currently version 7.7.BETA-13, which you can download from here), and this installer worked without issues. Because all the Big Sur improvement and fixes have been published currently in the beta channel, it makes sense that this version works out of the box. So I think this is going to start working normally even in the stable version soon ;)

• andreaba
    andreaba
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana:

Thank you for the information and the Beta link.
    I have Big Sur 11.0.1 too.
    I did a clean install on my MacBook Pro and so 1Password wasn't previously installed on the machine.

It's a wrong warning because you get the message to contact the developer but the program is installed, but you are worried having received the warning message.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.