Chrome extension cannot Verify Web Browser Code Signature

Options
acasas
acasas
Community Member

I had my 1password extension working until I switched laptops. I do not get the helper when being prompted to login to a website even though the extension is turned on. I did get an error at one point that 1password cannot "Verify Web Browser Code Signature" which I remember seeing before with my old laptop and it was fixed somehow. I do see the extension icon in my chrome toolbar but it is greyed out. When I click on it, it will expand offering me to copy the stored credentials for the web login prompt that I am currently on.

When at a login prompt, I would like to ctrl+shift+x and autofill just like I did with my previous laptop, and that is no longer available.

Reinstalled Chrome and 1password
Chrome is in my applications folder.
Restarted chrome and 1password.
Restarted computer.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.17
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Verify Web Browser Code Signature

Comments

• @acasas

It sounds as if you have downloaded the companion app extension. You mentioned 4.7.5.90 in your posting. This would cause the extension to be grey and explain why you cannot use ctrl + shift + x. That short cut is for 1Password X, our newest extension.

You would want to remove/uninstall the companion app extension and then install 1Password X in Chrome.

• acasas
    acasas
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_tommy. That did it!

• @acasas

I'm glad to hear it worked out! Enjoy your day!

This discussion has been closed.