iOS Folder Syncing

Options
MasterRee
MasterRee
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I see you have folder syncing on all macOS, Windows and even Android, but not on iOS. When will this feature be available on iOS?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MasterRee,

Folder Sync is not slated to be a feature on iOS. We're no longer developing sync options beyond the 1Password.com membership service.

About 1Password membership

Ben

• MasterRee
    MasterRee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben.

Thank you for the quick and clear response. That’s disappointing to hear. I know your company needs to make money and have a sustainable business model. I understand that you want to maximize ROI of development time, but I do wish you provided feature parity, especially on the two original platforms for 1Password. And for a relatively simple option (versus integration with third party syncing services). I’m quite surprised you would offer that feature on three of the four major platforms and iOS would be the excluded platform. I’ve been a long time customer, but I’m not using subscription software as that is a poor ROI for me and I also have to make the decisions that best serve my own financial sustainability.

1Password is an excellent product and I will miss many of the features, but I will need to move myself and my clients to other password managers. I don’t expect that to be persuasive in any way and I know from the forums and elsewhere that your company has already received similar feedback about syncing and other issues related to standalone products versus the subscription service. I will not direct any vitriol over such a choice, but I do want to express that I think it is a disservice to your customers and may be more counterproductive for the company in the long run than you might anticipate. However, time will tell and maybe I’m wrong.

Either way, thank your for your time and I hope all goes well for you and your team.

• Ben
    Options

@MasterRee,

You're very welcome. And thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on the situation. Perhaps somewhat ironically here, membership is what is going to enable us to bring more feature parity to the various 1Password apps. I'm sorry to hear you've found the ROI isn't in your favor. If you ever change your mind, we will of course be happy to help in any way we can.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.