After setting up 1Password on a new mac, it now keeps asking for may password.

Options
grovepasser
grovepasser
Community Member

I used my subscription to transfer all of my 1Password info to a new iMac. Everything went smoothly and 1Password 7 is now working on the new iMac. The problem is, it keeps asking me for the master password before going to the target website. After I enter the master password, it goes to the proper site. Sometimes it will keep working for a few more logins but then starts asking for the master password again. The iMac is running MacOs Catalina 10.15.7 ((19H15). The iMac from which I transferred 1Password still works OK. My 1Password version is 7.6 1Password store. Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keeps asking for password

Comments

• @grovepasser

Are you closing 1Password between each use? If it's a yes, then your auto-lock settings may need adjustment. This may help if you're using our companion app extension. Another possibility could be our helper is not running. Do you see it in the menu bar? If not, please open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and enable our browser helper.

• grovepasser
    grovepasser
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was the Auto-Lock settings that were causing the problem. Now, all is well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @grovepasser! I am glad to hear that all is well now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.