Username not saved

macjeffff
macjeffff
Community Member

I've had odd behavior over the last year or so. When I go to create a new login at a new website, I will put in my email address when asked for the username/email (normal), then use 1Password to generate a strong password. OK. When I look at the login that was created in 1P, the url is there and the password is there, but not the username. And there seems to be no way to add the username. This has happened so often, I've given up.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: OSX 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @macjeffff!

What website is this happening with? If you could share the URL with us, we can test the website too :+1:

And there seems to be no way to add the username. This has happened so often, I've given up.

If you click on the Edit button in the item, you will be able to edit all the fields inside it, including the username ;)

• macjeffff
    macjeffff
    Community Member
    edited November 2020

HI ag_ana,
    I will save the next example.
    As for choosing Edit, I have of course done that. The username field is not present, in most instances. It's the strangest thing, and it does not happen every time. There is only the URL and the password. Now, I can choose to "add fields," but this is clumsy and the username field is sometimes absent from the drop-down list.
    Thanks
    BTW, I've been an enthusiastic user of 1P for many years, since shortly after it came out, I believe. I'm a big fan.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020

@macjeffff:

As for choosing Edit, I have of course done that. The username field is not present, in most instances. It's the strangest thing, and it does not happen every time.

When you are not able to add a username, is this a Password item or a Login item? If it is a Password item, this would explain why you are not able to add username information, since Password items do not have a username field in the template.

In this case, you can click on the Convert to Login button to transform it into a Login item, where you can add a username.

BTW, I've been an enthusiastic user of 1P for many years, since shortly after it came out, I believe. I'm a big fan.

Thank you for the kind words :)

This discussion has been closed.