Is there any way to see Associated Domain(s) of a particular app?

sumocomputers
sumocomputers
Community Member

Is there any way to see Associated Domain(s) of a particular iOS app?

I have a lot of apps that don’t associate with a saved login entry in 1Password.

If I only knew what the app’s associated domain(s) were, I could add that domain to the 1Password entry. Or if they don’t define it, I could reach out to the developer to add it.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sumocomputers!

I am not aware of a way to see this directly (in the sense that I don't think the App Store exposes this information on the app page), but you should be able to see this within the 1Password autofill extension. When you tap on the username field in one of these apps, please tap on the little key symbol above the iOS keyboard to open 1Password autofill, then select Create Login. You should be able to see the associated domain of the app at the top of the screen, or when you then save this login in 1Password.

• sumocomputers
    sumocomputers
    Community Member

So if I don't see any website URL, that likely means the app developer did not populate this field in their app code?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sumocomputers:

I think that would be the case, yes. When this happens, the best thing is to reach out to the app developers already and ask them if they can implement this in the app. If an app supports associated domains, 1Password will be able to use that information right away :+1:

This discussion has been closed.