Switch from Wallet: Should I wait until 1Password for Mac is available in v4?

iCoco
iCoco
Community Member
edited January 2013 in iOS
For quite a while now I am keen to perform the switch from Acrylic Software's Wallet app to 1Password. Now that iOS version 4 is out and a new year has arrived I thought it might be the right moment. But wait: I'd have to transfer some 200 log-ins and other items. Now I learned that there's a way to export/import via the appropriate Mac apps (http://cdn.agilebits...alletImport.mov), so I wouldn't have to enter all of them manually. However, this procedure might also take a little while and may not be for the faint of heart.

So before I take the plunge, I wonder if it's a good idea to do it now, because I'd have to use 1Password v3 on the Mac. Or should I better wait until Agilebits release their version 4 software for Mac as well, which might make my transition more smoothly?

Because there's a related concern luring in the background: If I'd switch now using 1Password 3 on my Mac to transfer everything over from Wallet, would 1Password 3 on iMac sync perfectly with 1Password 4 on my iDevices via iCloud?

Any thoughts or recommendations on those questions?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for your interest in 1Password, iCoco! All Mac App Store copies of 1Password come with a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac when available.

1Password 4 for Mac will have iCloud syncing, and Dropbox syncing will continue to be supported just as it is in 1Password 3 for Mac, 1Password 4 for iOS, and all supported platforms. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,
  • iCoco
    iCoco
    Community Member
    Thank you for your reply, Khad.

I own a copy of 1Password 3 for Mac, but I didn't buy it via the App Store.

I assume you can't publicly announce an arrival date for 1Password 4 for Mac ...? I just guess the transition would be a bit smoother when I wait for its arrival. However, I wouldn't want to wait for too long. ;)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We don't normally pre-announce release dates as too many factors (some beyond our control) affect them. Please stay tuned. :)
This discussion has been closed.