"Suggestions" don't seem to respect 1PX Vault settings

Options
camner
camner
Community Member

I have 3 vaults (none are local), and I typically set 1PX to search only in the Personal vault when invoked from the Chrome menu bar. That works well.

BUT, when I click in a password field, the suggestions that 1P throws up include items from my Archive vault. Shouldn't the suggestions respect the search settings set within 1PX?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1PX 1.22.3
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi @camner!

We have an internal discussion going on about this, so I will pass your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#460

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to me that the ideal, if it possible to do, would be to allow the suggestions to be customized in settings to either show all logins or to respect the setting of 1P mini. While I personally can’t see why someone would want to limit 1P mini to a single vault while having suggestions show entries from all vaults, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that there ARE folks who would want it that way.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@camner:

It seems to me that the ideal, if it possible to do, would be to allow the suggestions to be customized in settings to either show all logins or to respect the setting of 1P mini.

I agree. I personally think that it would make sense for the inline menu to show the same information that is shown in the 1Password X extension itself.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that there ARE folks who would want it that way.

In my experience, for every feature that you can think of, there will always be users who like it, and those who don't, so this will always stay with us I think :D

This discussion has been closed.