Idea - 1PasswordSnap

Options
faktory
faktory
Community Member

Hi,
Sometimes I have to login to some services on device on which I don't want to install and login to 1Password. I have 1Password always on my phone and maybe good idea is to show something like QR Code with encoded login/pass to selected service on phone and small, free app (1PasswordSnap) installed for ex. on iPad will recognize that pattern using camera and fill login inputs?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In order for something like that to work securely, the website would need to be showing the code so that 1Password could scan that on your mobile device and then log you in from there. It's a cool idea, and there are ways of doing that, but they're only potentially useful if websites implement them. For now, when a website requires you to enter the password, it's unavoidable to do that. 1Password can display the password for you, and in Large Type if you want, so that you can enter it on another device, but it's important to keep in mind that you should probably change it later, if the device you're logging in on is not your own and potentially its owner could capture your password for that account.

This discussion has been closed.